In 2022, NTNU Discovery again offers the opportunity to apply for a main project, the limit is from NOK 300,000 to 1,000,000.
To stimulate further innovation and development of projects, we reintroduce the opportunity to apply for the main project. It is possible for employees to apply up to NOK 1,000,000, and students up to NOK 300,000. The application deadline in 2022 is 1 June.
If you have received top funding NFR from NTNU Discovery, you can not apply for the main project NTNU Discovery.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS – MAIN PROJECT
The applicant(s) must be either an employee of NTNU/HMN or active students at NTNU.
A DOFI for the project must be submitted to NTNU TTP, with a subsequent IPR assessment from TTO. TTO’s assessment must be included in the dedicated field on the application form for the main project.
The project must be pre-start-up; it cannot be associated with any existing business enterprise.
The application must be submitted using the application template for NTNU Discovery Main Project
The department/clinic or TTO is the project owner and is responsible for the project’s administration. The project manager is responsible for project deliveries and reporting: preliminary reports 6 and 12 months after start-up. A final report is due by 31 December. The report must include how the grant has been spent and a brief status report for milestone achievement. Unused funds shall be returned to NTNU Discovery 12 months after being granted unless otherwise agreed with NTNU Discovery.
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications for main projects and innovation grants are evaluated by an external jury of independent members.
Applications for main projects and innovation grants are evaluated by an external jury of independent members. The jury evaluates applications individually based on the following assessment criteria:
- Degree of innovation
- Market potential
- Team, project plan and commercialization strategy
- Intellectual property rights
- Contribution to achievement of UN sustainable development goals
WHAT CAN YOU APPLY FOR SUPPORT FOR?
- Personnel and indirect costs – salary funds to carry out the activity that is necessary for the development of the idea and which will increase the value of the project.
- External consulting services – costs related to the purchase of services from subcontractors or other development services, including the purchase of external FoU and other external consulting services
- Equipment and materials – costs related to the purchase of materials and equipment for the production of a prototype, necessary equipment for laboratory testing and the like
- Laboratory rent – costs associated with renting a laboratory or similar facilities
- Patent costs – main projects can apply to have patent costs covered
- Other costs – here are directly project-related costs that do not fall under the other items. All costs in this section must be directly related to achieving the commercial goals and must be specified.
WHAT CAN YOU NOT APPLY FOR SUPPORT FOR?
NTNU Discovery does not support research activities and / or the development or marketing of existing products / services. The project must be pre-startup, it must not be linked to an existing company.
You must have delivered DOFI to NTNU TTO before applying for NTNU Discovery funds.
Remember that you must have the application signed by the Prodekan, to confirm that the application is accepted at the Department / Faculty / Clinic.
What do we NOT support?
The project must be pre-startup, it should not be linked to existing company.